THE INNOCENT is pure, virtuous, and faultless, free from the responsibility of having done anything hurtful or wrong. The eternal optimist, this archetype’s glass is always half full. The Innocent lacks guile and corruption, and it seeks the promise of paradise. In its most powerful expression, the Innocent embodies a sense of oneness and renewal, representing inner peace and acceptance. This champion can trigger nostalgia for simpler times.
Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes). Linus (Peanuts). Field of Dreams. Abraham Lincoln. Flik (A Bug’s Life). Wilbur (Charlotte’s Web).
- Unbridled sense of wonder
- Freedom from preconceptions
- Unconditional love
- Propensity to retreat into fantasy
- Tendency to avoid, deny, or repress problems
- Fear of punishment for something wrong or bad